Our Olive and Rosemary Focaccia is simple, flavourful and versatile. Tear up and dip into a classic olive oil and balsamic, load with your favourite cheese or cold meats, or dunk into delicious dips like hummus, tzatziki or taramasalata.
- 700 gms plain flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- 21gms (3 packets, check weights)
- 450ml olive oil
- 400 warm water
- Black pitted olives
- Rosemary leaves
- Extra salt flakes for sprinkling
- Put all the dry ingredients into the bowl and add water and 4 tbs of the olive oil. Mix well. When a shaggy ball of dough has come together, take dough ball out of bowl and place on floured bench top.
- Knead the ball until you have a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place the ball of dough back into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap or a tea towel. Place in a warm area to rise.
- Grease the insides of the Bessemer 32cm Dutch oven. When the dough has risen. Place onto the floured bench top and press and knead it into a large disk shape and place into the base of the Dutch oven. Poke holes into the dough making sure the holes are pressed right to the base of the pan. Brush more olive oil over the top and sprinkle generously with salt flakes, sprinkle with rosemary leaves and decoratively place olives on top.
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recommended Bessemer Cookware?
For this recipe, we recommend you use the Bessemer Black Cast Aluminium Dutch Oven 32cm as featured in this recipe for best results!