Change of Mind for Online Orders
You can benefit from our Change of Mind Policy which is offered for most of our products in addition to your statutory rights. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will happily provide you with a refund subject to the following conditions:
- You must present the product to us within 30 days from the date of delivery; and
- You must provide us with a satisfactory proof of purchase (such as the invoice).
- You must return the product unused, in the original packaging with all tags and stickers still attached, in the merchandisable condition you purchased it in and including any accessories, manuals and documentation.
This Change of Mind Policy does NOT apply to:
- Gift cards or vouchers;
- Clearance items;
- Made-to-order, personalised or monogrammed items (including The Custom Chef Personalised Products); and
- Repaired or replacement items provided under our policy. We reserve the right to reject any returns that do not meet the above requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: We will refund you the amount you paid, excluding the original delivery charges. Refunds will be processed the way you made your original purchase. The refund guarantee does not include the costs of return postage if you return via post. You are responsible for the cost and the risk of returning the goods to us. We recommend that items are returned to us via courier or registered post to ensure that they are protected and insured during transit. If the returned Product does not meet the requirements of this policy, you will be responsible for the cost of the return of your goods to the postal address that you nominate. To return an item due to a change of mind, you must follow our returns process. Please refer to ‘Organising the Return of Products’ below for more information.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If you believe a product purchased from us is damaged, faulty or unsafe or is not of acceptable quality, fit for the specified purpose or does not match the description given to the product, you may return it to us within a reasonable period after purchase. In the unlikely event that your item arrives damaged or faulty, you must also notify us as soon as possible. If a Product has a minor defect, we may provide a repair within a reasonable time. If we cannot repair the product within a reasonable time, then you can choose a replacement, refund or credit.
If the Product is assessed as having a major failure you may choose to return the product and receive a refund or credit or receive an identical replacement (or one of similar value if reasonably available to us). Otherwise you may keep the product and request compensation equal to the drop in the value of the product owing to the problem. For more information about your rights as a consumer, see the Australian Consumer Law website at consumerlaw.gov.au.
PLEASE NOTE: Products that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear, misuse, failure to take reasonable care or failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions are not considered to be faulty.
- If a Product is replaced, your replacement Product becomes your property and the returned Product becomes our property. When a refund is given, the returned Product becomes our property.
- If you are returning a faulty Product, please contact our Customer Service Team and provide your order number and a full detailed description of the problem.
You may be required to provide supporting photographic evidence. Depending on the problem our Customer Service team will determine how best to resolve it with minimum inconvenience to you. Where during the preliminary assessment, we agree that a Product is defective and needs to be replaced or repaired, return shipping will be arranged at our expense. You are nevertheless entitled to recover reasonable postage costs if the product is confirmed to have a defect later.
We recommend that items are returned to us via courier or registered post to ensure that they are protected and insured during transit. Please keep the receipts of any shipping costs you incur. To return a faulty item, you must follow our returns process. Please refer to ‘Organising the Return of Products’ below for more information.
Many of our Products come with a guarantee or warranty from the manufacturer. Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions on or in the packaging, however nothing in those warranty terms and conditions excludes the application of the Consumer Guarantees that apply under the Australian Consumer Law and our change of mind guarantee.
PLEASE NOTE: You may also be required to send us images of the damage to help us with our assessment. We will then contact the supplier to finalise your warranty claim. Please do not attempt to return an item before speaking to one of our specialists (as you may be responsible for associated expenses where your product is found not to be in breach of warranty).
- Products that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear, misuse, failure to take reasonable care or failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions are not considered to be faulty.
Organising the Return of Products
Products must be returned whenever we agree to provide you with a refund or replacement or ask you to return the Product to us for inspection. Please ensure that you meet the conditions discussed above. To return an item you purchased from us, for any reason, you must arrange the return by return postage through Australia Post. Please contact our Customer Service Team to arrange a return request via one of the following methods: Toll Free: 1300 136 936 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are protected from damage or loss in transit. Returns that are damaged or soiled in transit may not be accepted and may be sent back to you and/or a refund refused. We recommend paying for tracking or product insurance.
RETURN AUTHORISATION NUMBER (A MUST HAVE)
All returns sent to us via post must have a Return Authorisation (RA) number which you will need to obtain from us. This is required for replacement Products and refunds. After you have provided us with the required information, the Customer Service team will email you a PDF voucher containing the RA number, which you must print and affix to the Product prior to posting. The Product should be returned to us within 30 days of the issuance of the RA. Returns without an RA number will not be accepted. If you send us a Product without an RA, we may not able to identify sufficient details to enable us to attend to your claim.
You will be notified by email once your return has been received and processed. Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender. Therefore please ensure all details are clear and concise.
Where we agree to refund you for a Product the refund will be credited to your original method of payment.
Where we agree to replace a Product:
- A replacement for the Product that you ordered will be shipped to you at our expense after we have received your returned Product (does not apply to change of mind returns).
- The delivery time for the replacement Product will be the same as stated for the original Product.
- Replacement products are subject to the same warranties and consumer guarantees as the original product. However the change of mind guarantee will no longer apply.