Fresh slices of pineapple with brown sugar create a sweet and sticky top for this superbly moist, buttery cake.
- 6 pineapple rings
- 3 tbs of butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Glazed cherries
- 1 packet cake mix made up as directed on packet
- Blend cake mix as per packet instructions.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in 28cm Dutch oven on low heat.
- Arrange pineapple rings and glazed cherries on bottom of Dutch oven, spread batter mixture evenly over top, cover with lid, vent open and cook for 35 minutes on top of stove.
- Turn out onto a plate and serve