Family-friendly, time-friendly and budget-friendly, this make-ahead pie is a summertime winner. Great the next day as left-overs as well!
- 1 packet of frozen spinach
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion fried
- 1 tsp chopped parsley and chopped garlic
- 300g thickened cream
- 5 eggs
- 120g butter
- 1 packet filo pastry
- Mix together spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, fried onion, garlic and parsley.
- On two filo pastry sheets spread approximately 3 handfuls of the spinach mix.
- Pleat the pastry together and lay in the pan, making sure to cover the base of the pan. Brush the pastry with melted butter.
- Mix the eggs and the cream together and pour over the pastry and sprinkle with about ½ of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on a low to medium heat, lid on and vent open for about 30 minutes.
- Put under the grill to brown the top and slide out of pan to serve.