This classic, easy Chelsea bun recipe is the perfect sweet bake to enjoy with your afternoon cup of tea. Who could resist a fruit-filled bun, hot from the oven?
- 3 cups self raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small tin pie apple
- 1 cup sultanas
- 100g butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and stir in cream and milk.
- Mix to a soft dough. Place a large piece of cling film on bench and flour. Place dough on cling film and roll into rectangle approximately 2 cm thick.
- Mix butter and sugar and spread over rectangle.
- Spread apples and sultanas, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Using cling wrap, roll dough towards you to form a roll and remove cling wrap.
- Cut slices approximately 2 cm thick and lay flat in base of pan.
- Put lid on with vent open and cook on medium heat until touch hot.
- Reduce to low and cook for 30 minutes. When top is firm to touch turn over to brown other side.