Try our classic and easy Pumpkin Soup. Made with fresh pumpkin, this thick and creamy soup is full of flavour, and is sure to quickly become a favourite at your table!
- 5kg pumpkin chopped and peeled into large pieces. Roasted
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes
- Olive oil
- 2 cartons chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Optional – Drizzle of truffle oil
- Coat pumpkin pieces in a little oil and roast on a tray until very soft. Set aside.
- In the Bessemer 32cm casserole pot, fry onion, celery and carrots until softened.
- Pour stock into pan while still hot, add roasted pumpkin and bay leaves and cook until boiling.
- When all vegetables well cooked, blitz with a stick mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Serve when ready with pumpkin seeds and optional truffle oil and garnish with sage leaves.
Recommended Bessemer Cookware?
For this recipe, we recommend you use the Bessemer Black Cast Aluminium Casserole 32cm as featured in this recipe for best results!