Baked in a shortcrust pastry and filled with a perfectly sweet and tart combination of apples and raspberries, this delicious Apple and Raspberry Tart makes the perfect option for afternoon tea or dessert!
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped into slices
- 120gms chilled butter, chopped into small cubes
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 3 sheets of shortcrust pastry
- 150gms raw sugar
- Cinnamon sugar
- Egg wash (egg and milk whisked)
- Place one sheet of pastry in the bottom of 34cm Bessemer round baking dish. Cut remaining pieces into halves and join to existing piece of pastry allowing a good overhang.
- Evenly spread slices of apple onto the pastry, place butter cubes randomly over apples. Top with raspberries. Sprinkle ¾ of the sugar over the raspberries and apples. Then top with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar all over the tart.
- Roll excess pastry into rough folds over the sides of the apples. Brush egg wash over the folds with a pastry brush and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cook tart in the oven at 170C for approx. 30 mins or until tart is golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar and ice-cream.
Recommended Bessemer Cookware?
For this recipe, we recommend you use the Bessemer Black Cast Aluminium Round Baking Dish 34cm as featured in this recipe for best results!